The Cambridge Matignon School
The Boston Hockey Academy's mission is to use athletics to enhance the academic and social development of our student athletes.
The Cambridge Matignon School's mission is to provide their students with the skills necessary to thrive in a 21st century world that rewards innovation and the abilities to think critically and collaborate.
We expect our student-athletes to graduate from our program with the skills to compete on the ice and to succeed in life beyond the game.
We partnered with Matignon High School as the perfect match for the Boston Hockey Academy. Not only does Matignon have a rich hockey tradition, it has an academic model which is relevant to what today's students need to succeed in life.
- 11:1 student teacher ratio
- 99% of students pursue post-secondary education
- College Preparatory Curriculum with a wide selection of Advanced Placement offerings in English, Biology, Physics, Calculus, French, Latin, Psychology, Spanish, U.S. History and World History
- Experiential learning model designed to give students real hands-on experience
- Father Matignon Honors Program created to academically challenge students with unique academic skills
- Partnerships with local colleges such as Harvard University, Northeastern, Boston College, MIT and Emmanuel College
Matignon values the well-rounded student
At Matignon, they are focused on educating the whole student. The Academy players' classmates will be artists, athletes, dancers, academics, people of faith, musicians, scientists, filmmakers, and so much more. In and out of the classroom, Matignon students cultivate their talent and develop as leaders in a wide array of extracurricular activities, including athletics. They learn teamwork and problem solving, as well as moral and ethical decision making. When our students graduate, they will possess the confidence and character required to be successful.